Dave’s review was done while his slice was piping hot and he even mentioned that maybe it would have been higher if the pizza wasn’t so hot. Well that’s because a pie never sits around and they are always coming fresh out of the oven. This is the best regular slice in Queens and they deserve a re-visit from Davey.
sy.abid5/10/21, 12:07 a.m.
Pizza was cold. I made sure to place an order at the store so it's nice and hot. Guy didn't remember me when I came back 20 mins later. Gave me the pizza sitting around on the metal plate. Said it just came out. No crisp, no taste. All sag!
andy.luca5/6/21, 12:52 a.m.
Really good slices. The sauce and cheese are very good. I also love how thin it is. Crust is just okay. Could be much crispier.
piesannoisseur3/16/21, 6:22 p.m.
Excellent crust. Too heavy on the sauce and too light on the cheese. Barely tasted mozzarella cause sauce overpowered
nycpizzareview3/4/21, 3:57 p.m.
The biggest problem with Amore has always been the consistency of their pizza, some days it’s amazing, other days it’s a wet, floppy and overly salty mess. I’m not quite sure why it’s so inconsistent considering it’s been around for many years but for whatever reason the pizza you get today will probably be different from the one you got the say before. 60% of the time it’s a solid high 7’s maybe even low 8’s, the other 40% it’s mid 6’s.
jason.forman1/16/21, 5:55 p.m.
The best regular cheese slice there is. You are almost guaranteed to burn the roof of your mouth and feel it for days to come but the taste also stays with you because of how good it is. Old school pizza place. Regular, Sicilian and grandma and that's about it for pizza. Anytime I am in the area or even just want to treat myself, it is worth passing TONS of places to get to
sgt.pizza12/23/20, 5:48 p.m.
Regular: dough feels stail even though i know its not. Just a bit of a strange texture it tastes great along with the sauce a d cheese. I reviewed this place a while ago and gave it a 8.1 Sicilan: could be crisper other than the sauce being delicious, its standard. 7.9
matt.cacace12/11/20, 4:52 p.m.
No flop, VERY greasy, nice thin crispy crust, overall good slice
tcorcoran12/11/20, 4:48 p.m.
No flop, crust cracked when folding. Taste was honestly not as good as I hoped. Not mad, just disappointed.
kevin.price12/5/20, 12:58 a.m.
Got wetter than Betty white at bingo to get here but shit did not disappoint. Cooked well like Haas VF-20 this was crisp af and the cheese sauce ratio was perfect. Then there’s the taste, cheese had incredible flavor and the sauce was the star leaving me thirsty for more like a IG thirst trap begging me to hit her only fans. This is one worth hitting up again for slices and is in the joes or Luigis conversation but thinner. Great ronanight out see ya next week pizzabros!!
edward.rooney11/17/20, 4:09 p.m.
If you’re a thin and crispy crust person this is definitely the pizza for ya.
motelman9/11/20, 4:21 p.m.
Excellent old school flavor. Rumor has it that they are not union friendly. I hope this is not true.
tristen.ventura8/2/20, 5:59 p.m.
I enjoyed this pizza a lot. The only problem I had was the crust kinda tasted or at least felt stale to me. Lots of sauce which almost took away the taste of the cheese for me. If you’re a big pizza guy come check this place out it was totally worth the stop.